Mobile Check Deposit
Changes to Mobile Check Endorsement Requirements
In order to better protect you, we have introduced new, required language to be placed on every check deposited through mobile check deposit.
Please include the endorsement “Tompkins Mobile Deposit” on any check deposited through our mobile app. The endorsement on the back of the check is limited to no more than one line.
If the correct language is forgotten, the mobile app will display an error message, providing you with the correct language and a chance to resubmit.
No time to get to the bank? No worries.
With Mobile Check Deposit from Tompkins Bank of Castile, you can deposit your checks from anywhere using your mobile phone or iPad. So you can put your money in the bank – without putting your life on hold.
- Select Deposit in the Quick Actions section
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit
- If this is your first time using Mobile Check Deposit, you will be asked to enroll a deposit account. Once you select the account you wish to deposit to, it will be approved within 24-48 hours. You may then begin making mobile check deposits.
- Take a picture of the front and back of the endorsed check using your devices camera.
- Note: You must properly endorse the back of the check “Tompkins Mobile Deposit". The endorsement on the back of the check is limited to no more than one line.
- Verify the information and click submit.
Is there a charge for Tompkins Bank of Castile Mobile Check Deposit?
There is no charge to deposit checks using our Mobile Check Deposit service. Your wireless telecommunications provider may charge you for data usage. Check with your provider for details regarding your specific wireless plan and any data usage charges that may apply.
Who can use Tompkins Bank of Castile Mobile Check Deposit?
Tompkins Bank of Castile Mobile Check Deposit is available to all checking customers.
When will my funds be available?
Deposits submitted before 6 pm ET on a business day will generally be available the next business day. We may delay the availability if we require further review of the deposit. Any delay in availability will be communicated via email to the email address we have on file.
Is there a limit in the amount I can deposit per day or month?
- You can deposit a maximum of 3 checks per day or a maximum total daily limit of $2500.
- You can deposit a maximum of 10 checks per calendar month or a maximum total calendar monthly limit of $5000.
- Tompkins Bank of Castile's Mobile Check Deposit can process checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn on any U.S. Bank, including but not limited to; personal, business and government checks. They must also be payable to the account holder.
What should I do with my check after it is deposited?
After the transaction is completed, mark the check "Electronically Presented." Securely store the check for 45 days then mark "VOID" and then destroy. This allows sufficient time in case the original check is needed for any reason.
How can I get the best image of the check using Tompkins Bank of Castile Mobile Check Deposit?
- Place your check on a dark-colored, plain surface that's well lit
- Position your camera directly over the check (not at an angle)
- Fit all 4 corners in the guides of your mobile device's camera screen
How will I know if there is a problem with my mobile check deposit after I submit it?
There are several ways that you could be notified if there is a problem with your mobile check deposit after you submit it.
- You may be alerted on your device after you hit submit. The message will alert you to the issue (ie. Check must be endorsed Tompkins Mobile Deposit, check is not legible, etc.)
- You may be alerted via the email address that we have on file if an issue has been detected prior to the deposit being credited to your account.
- Longer delays may apply in accordance with Regulation CC. Any delay in the availability of your funds as a result of Regulation CC will be communicated to you via U.S. mail. Refer to the Funds Availability Policy Disclosure that was provided at account opening for details.
- If a problem arises with your deposit, such as a returned check, we will send you written notice to the address we have on file via U.S. mail.
Are there any Apple compatibility issues?
- If you're using iOS 10 on your iPhone or iPad, you will need to update your Tompkins Bank of Castile app to resolve Apple's compatibility issue. Please visit the App Store and download our update.