Thinking about a career in banking? Tompkins Bank of Castile may be your answer. We offer a team environment, competitive salaries, exceptional fringe benefits, training and development opportunities, and advancement possibilities. Tompkins Bank of Castile employees are continually being exposed to new products and technology leading to many diverse banking career opportunities.
Teller/Customer Service Representative (25 Hour) Avon Branch
As a Teller/CSR you'll be instrumental to our branch sales and service operations. You will provide our customers outstanding support by understanding their financial needs, recommending the right products and services and resolve customer concerns as they arise. You will serve as, and perform duties of a Teller and Customer Service Representative by greeting each customer in a friendly and courteous manner; treating each customer as an individual; being alert, well-informed, and as accurate in transactions as possible. Some essential duties of the position include:
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawal transactions within approved authority and operating policy, ensuring proper identification is obtained and verifying sufficient funds are available.
- Accepts and processes all types of loan payments, credit card payments, and other related payments.
- Prepares daily settlement and proof of cash transactions; balances cash drawer accurately, quickly and efficiently on a daily basis. Processes night deposit, mail deposit, ATM deposit (where applicable) and courier deposit transactions.
Participates and takes an active role in sales and cross-selling of products to achieve assigned goals; actively refers customers to appropriate customer service personnel.
- Completes the documentation and performs point-of-sale processing on all types of new accounts, loans, deposits, etc.
- Solicits new business from present and prospective customers; maintains ongoing business relationships with present customers in order to take advantage of additional cross-selling opportunities.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank products and services in order to ascertain customer needs and to participate in selling in conjunction with these needs.
Provides direct services to customers of the Bank with respect to deposit products and services; supplies pertinent information on other products and services, loans, trust, etc., as needed.
- Maintains an awareness of new business opportunities with customers; actively refers customers to appropriate customer service personnel as warranted when these opportunities are available.
You will cooperate with, participate in, and support the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements.
We value our employees, customers, shareholder and communities and dedicate our efforts to their success. With Tompkins Bank of Castile, your growth opportunities are limitless! Come be a part of our team!
Cover letters and resumes should be submitted by clicking on the specific job listed above, or mailing to:
Tompkins Bank of Castile
90 Main Street
Batavia, NY 14020
Click here to view career opportunities currently available at our Tompkins Financial affiliates
Tompkins Financial and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal
Opportunity Employers and encourage diversity in the workplace.